Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Lists

Things I Love
  • People - All of them. Saints and murderers. I may hate what they do, or I may love what they do, but either way they are human and deserve love for their humanity, no matter how small it may be. Lock them away if necessary, punish them if they deserve it, but always remember that they are human.
  • Nature - I haven't seen nearly as much nature as many people have, but I want to, and someday I hope I will. I don't even need to say why.
  • Brains - Because all people have beautifully unique minds, and I love them all.
  • Emotions - The reason computers will never be as intelligent as humans.
  • Tears - And their burning catharsis.
  • Friends - Much of the time I'm not sure if I even have any. But I remember what they're like, and I still believe I can have some in my life.
  • Music - I love any art that someone is able to create, because creativity is the most amazing thing imaginable. Hopefully, someday I'll be able to create something someone else can love.
  • Individuality - Go people! Really, all of you!
  • Peaceful strength - Go Ghandi!
  • Mellowness - Go hippies!
  • All the diverse religions of the world - They ensure we will never be certain that we have discovered all of the Universe's secrets. What is this obsession with facts, anyway? (Just kidding. Facts are cool and all, but a little bit of mystery is nice too, don't you think?)
  • Power Puff Girls underwear - Please, don't ask why. I don't have any. That would be pretty weird, right? And I've never seen any. I don't know if they exist. But if not for this phrase, and a silly little neural connection in my head, these lists wouldn't be here.

Things I Hate
  • People who hate other people - Really, this isn't me being hypocritical. I love everyone for their humanity, but I reserve the right to hate what individuals may think or do. If an individual hates someone, I hate that about that individual. But know that no matter what I may say or think at the time, I still love that person. And I love you too, whoever is reading this. I hope you love me too.
  • Egotism - I simply don't understand how a person can think that he or she is better than a fellow individual.
  • The death penalty - Nobody deserves to die. Lifetime in prison, if necessary, but never premature death.
  • People who make being "normal" and happy seem so easy -Feel like lending a hand to the rest of us? (This is not su much hatred, but more annoyance, and then only with some of them. Sorry for the generalization.)
  • People who are not willing to help other people - Why not?
  • ? - I can't think of too much else for this list, because I love more than I hate in this world.

No comments: